Steak is an often-underappreciated part of a meal. It’s easy to fall into the routine of grilling a steak with some sides, but why limit yourself? There is so much more out there! The secret to truly enjoying your steak is all in how you pair additional ingredients with it.
So, what should you pair with steak to enjoy it best?
- A nice, juicy steak pairs well with a number of different side dishes.
While there are several ways to pair it, some side dishes go better than others. Roasted potatoes, for example, bring out the natural flavors of steak beautifully. Steamed vegetables can act as a refreshing accompaniment whilst adding nutritional value in the form of vitamins and minerals. A simple salad rounds out these sides nicely, adding a crunchy element to your plateful of goodness.
- For a lighter option, you could pair your steak with a simple green salad or roasted vegetables.
If you’re looking to still enjoy the classic steak dinner while incorporating lighter options, pair your dish with a simple green salad and roasted vegetables. Leafy greens, nuts, fruits, and seeds can all provide crunchy textures and healthy flavor combinations to compliment your steak. Roasted vegetables offer a nice earthiness that rounds out the meal without overdoing it on calories or rich flavors. Both are simple enough to whip up in minutes but sophisticated enough flavor-wise to make a impressive display or even presentation for guests.
- If you’re in the mood for something truly decadent, you could try pairing your steak with foie gras or truffles.
If you’re looking to indulge yourself, there are few things more decadent than steak paired with the luxurious flavors of foie gras or truffles. These ingredients have a unique flavor that can truly transform the steak-eating experience, creating an unforgettable dish. Whether you choose to stuff your steak with truffles or top it off with slices of foie gras, your taste buds will thank you – and possibly crave it again soon after.
Some beverages to pair your steak with are:
- A nice, big, juicy steak pairs well with a bold red wine such as Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon. The tannins in the wine will help to cut through the fat in the steak and bring out its flavor.
- If you’re looking for a white wine to pair with your steak, you can’t go wrong with a Chardonnay. This wine offers a buttery aroma that will complement the rich flavor of the steak perfectly.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, try pairing your steak with a sparkling wine. The acidity in the wine will help to balance out the richness of the steak and make for a truly unique pairing.
- If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic option to pair with your steak, try a cup of strong coffee. The bitterness of the coffee will help to cut through the fat in the steak and make for a delicious pairing.
- Another great non-alcoholic option to pair with your steak is unsweetened tea. The astringency of the tea will help to balance out the richness of the steak and make for a refreshing pairing.